Car Top Cargo Roof Rack Mount Carrier CTC-18S
Need extra storage space for your next trip? The Car Top Cargo carrier by Impact Plastics Automotive delivers an extra 18 cu. ft. of storage space, that's like having an extra mid-size car trunk. Aerodynamic design dimensions are 57" L x 39" x 19" H and is rated at 110 lbs. carrying capacity with evenly distributed cargo. Made from durable high density polyethylene with a uv inhibitor to protect against cracking and fading in all four seasons. Bale latches ensure a weather tight seal. Back entry provides easy access from three sides and a covered keyway lock provides security for your things. ZERO TOOL Easy assembly and installation allows for quick and easy assembly / dis-assembly and convenient storage. Mounting hardware and instructions are included. Product comes with a limited lifetime warranty to be free from manufacturing and materials defects.
Designed to fit on most factory and aftermarket cross rail systems rated at 150 lbs and greater. (aftermarket racks and cross rails sold separately), fits round, square and aero bar designs up to 4" wide. Cross Rail mounting holes are 22" on center. Be sure to allow for clearance of rear hatch back, roof mounted antennas and navigation fins.
MUST BE MOUNTED ON A ROOF RACK. (sold separately)
• Assembly as Easy as 1-2-3: Patent pending hinge design makes for easy and convenient assembly and storage.
• NO Tools Needed: Easy ZERO Tool Assembly and Installation, out of the box to on top of your vehicle in 10 minutes. All hardware included.
• 18 cu ft of Storage Space: Equal to having an additional mid-size vehicle trunk 57"L x 39"W x 19"H. Rated at 110 lb load capacity.
• Withstands Hot and Cold Weather: Durable, four season HDPE construction with UV inhibitor that resists fading and cracking.
• Opens to Back: Back opening design provides three sides entry for easy loading and unloading. • Weather Resistant and Secure Seal: Easy access covered keyway on back and three latches with hasps for additional locks (sold separately) ensure a weather resistant seal and secure your things.
• Fits Easily on Cross Rail Systems: Designed to fit only on most factory and aftermarket cross rail systems. (Aftermarket rack and cross rails are sold separately.)
• Limited Lifetime Warranty to be free from material and manufacturing defects. NOT TO BE ROOF MOUNTED. For use only with original equipment roof racks or aftermarket roof rack and cross rail systems rated at 110 lbs or more (sold separately).
Q. Can the Car Top Cargo carrier be mounted directly on the roof for vehicle storage?
A. No. It is designed to be mounted only to original equipment or aftermarket roof-rack systems that have a rated load of 150 pounds.
Q. Can I get replacement parts for the Car Top Cargo carrier?
A. Yes. Simply call Customer Service at (877) 454-3748.
Q. Will the carrier fit my vehicle?
A. The carrier will fit most vehicles’ original equipment and aftermarket roof-rack systems with cross rails that are circular, square and aero shaped up to 4” outside dimension.
Q. Are all the assembly and installation parts included?
A. Yes, all parts are included. Roof-rack systems with cross rails are required.
Q. Are tools required to assemble and install the Car Top Cargo carrier?
A. No, tools are not required.
Q. Are locks included?
A. One lock with two keys is located at the back of the carrier. Locks for the front and side bale latches are sold separately.
Q. What is the Car Top Cargo carrier’s capacity?
A. 18 cubic feet
Q. What is the warranty?
A. The carrier includes a limited lifetime warranty to be free from manufacturing and materials defects.
Q. Can I paint the Car Top Cargo carrier?
A. We do not recommend it. The HDPE material has a built-in UV stabilizer to resist fading and is not designed to be painted.
Q. What is the weight-carrying capacity?
A. It is rated at 110 pounds of evenly distributed cargo for auto storage. See the owner’s manual for details.
Q. What should I do if the key breaks off in the keyway?
A. We recommend you contact a locksmith. They have special tools that can usually remove the piece of the key without damaging the lock. If a locksmith is not readily available, you can try the following process, which isn’t sanctioned by Impact Plastics Automotive: Use a straightened paper clip to rake the broken piece out enough to grasp and remove it with needle-nose pliers.
Q. Is the Car Top Cargo carrier waterproof?
A. No. The cargo carrier is water resistant, but not waterproof.
Q. What can I do to keep my lock cylinder from sticking?
A. We recommend periodically adding a small amount of lock-cylinder graphite to the lock cylinder, working it in with the key and moving it into the locked and unlocked positions.
Q. How do I know where to mount the carrier on the roof-rack cross bars?
A. The pre-drilled holes are set apart at 22” on center. We recommend you adjust the cross rails at this measurement and align the carrier’s pre-drilled holes to this position. Be sure to not interfere with the opening and closing of the rear door and any roof-mounted antennas and navigation fins. If your vehicle has fixed-position cross rails that are not 22” on center, please refer to the owner’s manual.
Q. What do I do with my Car Top Cargo carrier when I’m not using it?
A. When the carrier isn’t serving you as the perfect vehicle storage or luggage box for road trips, you can simply pack it away. Unlike other carriers, it nests neatly together, so it takes up little space in your shed, garage or basement. It has many other handy functions as well. You can use it to wash the dog or even set up a small pool for the kids.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 38.0 lbs.
- Free Shipping!
- This item ships in its own box.
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.